Friday, October 30, 2009

First Post... Where to begin?

It is Friday, October 30, 2009. The Ontario economy has flat-lined, our provincial government appears to be paralyzed and people are panicky about the H1N1 virus (a.k.a. Swine flu). To add to these woes, the Maple Leafs have struggled out of the gate at the beginning of the 2009-10 NHL season and have only one victory to date despite their ever improving efforts. Of course, I am a Habs fan (that is, the Montreal Canadiens) so the Leafs' troubles tend to amuse me. That said, despite a better record for my team, I have not much to crow about. The Habbies play the Leafs tomorrow night (following a Habs match-up with the young and talented Chicago Blackhawks tonight) and I'm not feeling too good about that game. We'll see.

Anyhoo, I am off work today to tend to my son who woke up this morning with a fever and low energy. My wife mentioned she heard him coughing in the night, but so far I see no signs of sore throat, coughing or nausea. Knock on wood. He is currently sleeping.

I've been toying around with the idea of blogging for awhile. I'm not really a diary kind of guy nor am I one to make my every coming and going public. I am, however, an information junkie. I love odd news stories, interesting insights and big picture thinking. I'm also a love of music. Not so much what they play on the radio, but more the stuff I think they SHOULD play on the radio.

My intention with this blog is to post articles I come across, music I discover, and sometimes thoughts I have. We'll see where this goes...

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I should mention that at this point I assume Lucas has Swine flu. I read a couple days ago where Dr. Donald Low, Chief Microbiologist at Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto, stated "H1N1 is very prevalent in the community and there are not a lot of other viruses out there (early in season) that would cause fever, cough, muscle aches and headache." This was in response to a regular flu versus H1N1 flu question. That said, who knows. Lucas isn't displaying many symptoms other than fever at this point. I also wonder if I had H1N1 a couple of weeks ago when I had most of the symptoms EXCEPT fever. ??

    ReplyDelete